It is roughly ten weeks until Thanksgiving. Have you ordered your Thanksgiving cards yet? Here's five reasons why you should:
- Thanksgiving is a holiday about giving thanks. Thanksgiving is the perfect opportunity to offer your clients a genuine "Thank you for being our client" greeting from the entire firm. The holiday itself reinforces the message to your clients. A win-win.
- Thanksgiving cards are uncommon. How many Thanksgiving cards did you get last year? That's what I thought. Your clients don't get them either. That's why yours will stand out. It is also why yours will be talked about.
- Thanksgiving cards have a long shelf life. Literally. What do people do with holiday cards? They display them. If you send a Thanksgiving card, it will be likely be the first one up on the mantle, and will probably stay there, alone at first, until Christmas card season is done.
- Thanksgiving isn't Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza. Hate the minefield of picking the right not-too-religious "Happy Holiday" card? Avoid it all together with a Thanksgiving card.
- At Thanksgiving, there's still time for your clients to do end-of-year work. This is perhaps the least-recognized, yet best reason to send Thanksgiving cards: they'll generate more end-of-year business for you. When you send a Christmas card, it is already too late for most clients to get more legal work done before the new year. By the time the holiday rush is over, they've forgotten what they wanted you to do, and wait probably wait another year. A Thanksgiving card can give them that subtle prompt when there's at least a month left before the rest of the holiday's hit, allowing you to close the year on a high note.